Tasks and responsibilities:
- The Test Engineer defines and creates test cases from functional specifications. Interprets, executes and documents complex test procedures, reviews results and reports on progress.
- Identify / define how testing for the project will be conducted.
- Define what exactly will be tested and how.
- Prepare and document any set up work needed for specific testing, i.e. Data preparation for specific scenario tests, writing of test cases in HP ALM.
- Execute tests as documented in the test case.
- Log defects and work with Developers to resolve.
- Retest and close defects when they have been resolved.
- Work closely with Business Analyst, Development, Project Manager and Business end users to achieve timely resolution of issues that arise during the project.
- Gather high quality, efficient test results and log detailed specific defects.
- Maintain QA processes in all stages of the Software Development Lifecycle.
Perform Regression test:
- Ensure all regression scripts are kept up to date in accordance with specified functionality.
- Update regression documentation when new functionality is released.
- Execute regression test cases as part of the overall build process.
- Test management of Project deliverables.
Mandatory skills and experiences:
- Familiarity with translating business / functional requirements into test cases.
- Knowledge of test case preparation and / or test execution tasks.
- 3+ years QA experience.
- Good documentation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal interaction and communication skills.
- Understanding of software testing and quality assurance methodologies.
- Bachelor’s degree or Diploma in IT related field.
- Experience in a Banking / Securities environment would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of the following is an advantage: JIRA XRAY
Work Location: Cork, Ireland
Contract Duration: 3 Months