sccm (system center configuration manager) (90584)
Application Packaging Engineer
- We are looking for Jr. & Sr. Application Packaging Engineer / Application Packaging QA (Test Engineer)
- Necessary qualification- B.Tech/BE/BSc/BCA/MCA, with experience in technology
- Strong analytical, critical thinking, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills required.
- Must be flexible and willing to work in a 24 x 7 environment and shifts. Should be able to work well within a team environment.
- Adapt to upcoming technologies as per trend.
- Ensure best practices are followed as set forth by the team.
- Proactively anticipate client reaction/impact and prepare accordingly.
- Manage Packaging Services Request to Build MSI Installations using packaging tools.
- Create Install & Uninstall scripts (Vb Scripting or Powershell) for apps.
- Address First time Application Installs and upgrades from Scratch.
- Repackaging of Commercial and Internal software.
- Perform Compatibility \ Certification testing of Desktop Software and Hardware.
- Testing, Identifying and resolving conflicts with other MSI Packages belonging to the commercial vendors as well as the internally developed applications.
- Monitoring and responding to incoming tickets/requests in a timely manner
- Ensure requests are in-line with team best practices
- Deliver tasks within defined timescales and to standards agreed in relevant service level.
- Tickets Handling include: New Packaging Requests, break/fix.
- Deep knowledge of Windows Registry, File System & Security Privileges
- Stage software packages in SCCM using Application or Package Model & convert when required.
- Perform UAT & basic deployment in SCCM through collections - direct or dynamic.
- Setup task sequence for deployments & image management is SCCM.
- Familiarity with ticketing and workflow tool e.g., Service-Now, Jira.