Seniority level - Medium (8+ years)
Key highlights around the role:
- Coordination with multiple stakeholders across lines of business (LoB) including LoB heads, Tech heads and Operational resources.
- Building a Release calendar in collaboration with multiple parties covering cross dependencies from multiple systems.
- High-level Release management planning applicable to one major stream (depending upon multiple technical parties).
- Responsible for implementing and managing release processes for the progression of code in the development, test, acceptance and production environments.
- The Release Manager works collaboratively with all participants in the software development lifecycle and acts as the lead for all processes related to release cycles.
- Operational coordination for the multiple connected environments within the Salesforce ecosystem.
Role and responsibilities:
- Closely collaborate with all Business and IT stakeholders in preparing and planning the release windows and cycles.
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality.
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business and IT teams as required.
- Facilitate release activities across development teams, ensuring easy and timely deployments [Salesforce, Bullhorn & custom modules].
- Set and manage consistent release schedules, accounting for any dependencies and risks along the way; identify issues and perform root-cause analysis to ensure they are not repeated.
- Define and implement a standardized Release process that delivers patches, minor enhancements, and major releases.
- Environment coordination across multiple Salesforce environments split into different SF Orgs.
- Define release readiness criteria and ensure all changes meet criteria prior to deployment.
- Track release metrics to drive improvement and report successes/failures to stakeholders.
Requirements / Skillset:
- Experience as a Release Manager for software development, Salesforce and cloud platforms preferred.
- Excellent communication skills: Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with ability to work with both technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Operational Environment Management experience in the past.
- Proven experience with release management tools and concepts, including version control and branching.
- Good to have: experience with tools such as Jenkins, Bitbucket, GitHub, Flosum, Copado, and Gearset.
- Exceptional organizational skills and attention-to-detail, project management experience, a plus.
- Confident and able to multitask and manage expectations in a fast-paced environment with competing priorities.
- Accountable, able to set timelines that are reasonable and consistently met.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field.
Duration: 6+ months
Location: The Netherlands