Data Management has become one of the most exciting domains in the financial industry – taking center stage in the way we enable our bank and insurance entities to provide the best possible service and product offering in the digital era. This domain is undergoing a significant make-over, leading to a transformation in the way we handle and use data. With the Rainbow program, we are servicing a new platform for Company Management (Company management = the business activities KBC Group and its entities have to execute for running a banking and insurance company, activities like Finance, Risk, Treasury, Tax, Compliance). To realize this implementation, a Group-wide international program “Rainbow” has been started. Rainbow implemented a new infrastructure (Reference Data management via Informatica RDM, Master Data management via Informatica MDM, Enterprise Data catalogue via Informatica EDC, Data Quality via Informatica DQ & Mappings via Informatica BDM, and the data model of Teradata).
- Your main task & responsibilities are: Give Informatica guidance from an IT development perspective to different Rainbow development & data integration teams. Installing, maintaining and configuring the Informatica applications/tools/versions is 1 of your main activities.
- We expect hands-on knowledge and problem-solving capabilities to ensure that the environments/tools that are set up from an infrastructure point of view can effectively be used by developers.
- We are looking for an experienced system engineer who has broad experience with ETL tooling like Informatica from an infrastructure perspective (we DO NOT search for an ETL developer).
- Together with the System architect you will draft the Informatica roadmap (develop vision, strategy, planning) for the new Rainbow platform and take care of the follow-up of the implementation of this roadmap.
- Give advice and support towards solution designs Share the best practices with the other Rainbow teams. Take contact with the Informatica labs to get incidents & problems solved.
- We are looking for an experienced system engineer who has broad experience from an infrastructure perspective preferably in a data intelligence environment.
- This assignment will offer you the opportunity to learn about the new tools and the new technologies in a broad environment. If you don’t have the required expertise in all the various sub-domains, we will provide appropriate training and coaching.
Needed Qualifications - expanded:
- Qualifications: You have good analytical skills Rainbow is a fast emerging program that requires flexibility in objectives & priorities and asks for an open and solution-oriented mentality.
- You will become a content authority with who you can convince people based on technical know-how & common sense.
- You inspire others, build up relationships and give trust.
- Working in a team gives you energy. You dare to challenge the stakeholders and the team is fully committed to striving for the best approach.
- A self-starter, who can work independently with the necessary technical skills and broad experience in infrastructure and preferably data intelligence You are fluent in English.
- Knowledge of active directory, identity mgt, and release processes Has the necessary technical skills and broad experience in open systems environment (training in specific rainbow tools (*) will be provided)
- Good communicator - English- able to convince colleagues and challenge proposals in a constructive and diplomatic way. specific Tools used in the rainbow Data base: Teradata ETL: Informatica BDM SQL (depending on the technology of the source system – Teradata, Oracle, MS SQL) scripting
Duration: 6 Months