- You will be working in the multidisciplinary migration team with IT and software engineers to deliver results fast and in short cycles. Our teams typically consist of 4-7 highly skilled and educated people.
- The migration is part of the Greenhouse project. The project goal is to replace the ClearCase environment with software development environment. The new environment is to be evolved step by step to a new toolset.
- Key requirements will be to enable DevSecOps practices as per the industry standards. The platform would be cloud-ready by using a hybrid cloud infrastructure foundation.
- Teams should have self service capabilities and flexibility of adding tools and capabilities to the environment.
- The software development environment should support the highest level of IP protection (top secret). Since a large community to be serviced, all processes including onboarding of a new developer or providing new or replaced development stacks to teams should be self-serviceable and fully automated.
Master's in Computer Science, Information Technology or smilar. Deep knowledge of software development & engineering and proven experience of working in large technical complex environments.
Knowledge & experience
- Software development using C/C++, Python
- Strong knowledge on ecosystems (SCM and CI/CD) such as GitHub (is a plus), Atlassian, Azure DevOps
- Linux (RHEL) and similar operating systems
- Build systems (Bazel is a plus, Cmake)
- Scripting languages such as Python, Bash, Powershell
- Infrastructure as code tools (such as Rundeck, Terraform, Puppet)
- Containerization knowledge & experience (Docker, Kubernetes)
- Cloud and on-prem platforms (Azure, GCP, VMWare, K8S)
- DevSecOps tools and principles
- Bonus: Experience with ASML software development
- Team player
- Proactive personality, going the extra mile
- A quick learner of unfamiliar tools and technologies
- Ability ofd analyzing and solving problems
- Result oriented: achieve goals on short and long term
- Is pragmatic, but prefers quality over quick fixes
- Feels comfortable working in a complex environment
- Has the agile mindset
- Has excellent communication skills
Context of the position
ASML is a world leader in the manufacture of advanced technology systems for the semiconductor industry. The company offers an integrated portfolio for manufacturing complex integrated circuits (also called ICs or chips). ASML designs, develops, integrates, markets and services advanced systems used by customers – the major global semiconductor manufacturers – to create chips that power a wide array of electronic, communications and information technology products.
We are looking for CI/CD migration specialist.
In the IT Product & Technology Software Innovation department we provide the development environment for large groups of software developers (>2500). These developers work on the software that controls our high-tech machines that using some of the most advanced technologies on the planet. We are implementing a new set of state-of-the-art off-the-shelf tools (e.g. source control management, software build and pipeline management, artifact storage, etc.). We are looking for a team member to help migrate our code, CI/CD and build system to the new development environment.
Prepare and execute the technical work packages related to migrating the ASML software to the new git based source control system, CI/CD system and build system. This seems a simple task, but size and complexity make this a challenging assignment.